ac compresser switch

i by passed the low pressure swithch and the compresser engaged does that mean the switch is bad

Yes, I had this happen on my 94 Jimmy last year. Get a new switch at a dealer and put it in. There's a valve in the "bung" for the switch that'll prevent the refrigerant from leaking out when the switch is removed. Took 5 mins and I had A/C back...

either the switch is bad or the system is low on freon.
--
Mad-Dog
'79 Chevy K-10