Aftermarket Radio

The factory tape in my 94 k1500 wont work so i want to put in a am/fm/cassette i have. I have what they tell me is the right wiring adapter.Do i need to remove the underdash part of
the radio to get to the wiring, as the adapter will not plug in to the under dash part. thanks in advance.

I would assume this, as don't entirely understand your post, so I am guessing here, that you have a GM factory radio with a factory cassette mounted in the center counsel. You are attempting to change the wrong piece...the radio and adapter you have will replace the dash mounted radio, not the the lower cassette deck.