Aftermarket Side Mirrors for 2004 Silverado

The ONLY thing I really don't like about my truck is the side mirrors.

I have the electric-extendable, remote control mirrors for my 2500HD but they are: 1: too small, 2: too short, and 3: don't extend enough for trailering with full-sized trailers.

My old Ford ('86) had the tube-steel, tripod-mount, swing-outs, and they were perfect for trailering. I could see the lane directly behind my trailer (about 200' back, of course) and I could easily see my trailer tires.

Is there a taller, aftermarket mirror, similar to the newer Ford mirrors, that will extend out further and still be remotely controllable with my Chevy mirror controller? Some of the "clip-ons" would help out but, dog-gone-it, a full-sized truck set up for trailering shouldn't need clip-ons.

Ralph

Reply to
Pumper Hinkle

Get ready to spend some money...

From J.C. Whitney

These mirrors are exactly what you are asking for - a direct replacement with a larger head, extendable, electric, and will integrate with your current control switches. I gave you the part number and price for the heated ones also.

CIPA Extendable Towing Mirrors for Chevy/GMC '03-'05

Electric - AJQ505759N ($429.95/pr.) Electric /Heated - AJQ505760T ($489.95/pr.)

The website may not show a picture, but you can see them in their catalog. They also have the older style tripod tubular ones for much, much less.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race