Aftermarket TBI

Does anybody know of a good aftermarket Throttle Body for a 1993 Chevy 5.7L. This truck did not come stock with a Vortec engine, but it has one now. I'm not impressed with the performance of the stock TBI.(hesitates,
stumbles, etc.). Thanks for the help.

If it were me.......
I would find out what's wrong with what you have and then decide. The GM throttle body injection is not much of a HP set up. But, driveability is very good if it's right.
Al

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 11:00:38 -0500, "weekend_mechanic"

Holley makes one... I tired on my 92 K1500 and it never did run right. It would run good at wide open throttle and idle, anywhere between it ran like crap. Throttle body engine very picky about base timing.
I wonder if a stock unit off a 454 of the same year would be worth trying? Holley is the only aftermarket TBI unit I know about
I tried a Holley unit for about 2 weeks and then gave up, their tech support was of no help either. As you may know there's not much adjustment on a TBI unit ----------- Elbert snipped-for-privacy@me.com
I agree that you might want to check it ot first but these guys sell great stuff and are easy to deal with. http://www.cfm-tech.com /
Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Mon, Mar 27, 2006, 11:00am From: mike snipped-for-privacy@nonspam.yahoo.com (weekend_mechanic) Does anybody know of a good aftermarket Throttle Body for a 1993 Chevy 5.7L. This truck did not come stock with a Vortec engine, but it has one now. I'm not impressed with the performance of the stock TBI.(hesitates, stumbles, etc.). Thanks for the help.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "So why do I drive a big SUV? It's because I have to haul numerous people and things to places." ~ R. Lee Baxton ~

Snip..
Follow the links for some great TBI info.
HDS
--

Links:

http://www.tbichips.com/truckmods.htm