Air Conditioner

I have a 98 Chevy Truck. The air conditioner quit blowing cold air. I found that the fuse under the hood was blowed so I replaced it. When I tried it again it started smoking in the wiring. I was told that my compressor my
be fried. Any Ideals
More likely the compressor clutch, since the compressor itself doesn't require any electricity. You need to take it to a trusted shop because you also need to figure out WHY the clutch may have gone bad. If only the clutch is the probem, it isn't too hard of a fix. But if something else is causing the clutch to fry, then it could get into some money.
Cheers - Jonathan