Air Max Spiral Flow Intake & Helix Power Tower

Hi everyone. I was just curious if anyone has bought/installed the Air Max Spiral Flow Intake & matching Throttle body spacer package. I have a 1998 Silverado 350 Vortex and am looking for increase fuel efficiency and performance. Would this be recommended over the K&N Gen 2?

Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
Dave

Users of the TBI systems have said there are some gains from extending the intake runners. However, the Vortex seems to be tuned well and show very little gains from these spacers.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Dave,

These vortex spiral systems have little effect, if none at all. They claim an increase in HP, Perhaps in one test engine. Usually the 1 hour commercials claim many things. Some claims may be correct, but they may not be for your engine. Be an educated consumer. The only way you will get more horsepower, is by changing the computer's settings, or by changing-out the mechanical parts of your engine.

Most engines today are maxed-out, to get maximum HP. When you try to tweak these things, you will void the warranty, or damage the engine, when you push it to hard. Most engines that are tweaked to get max HP out of them, are usually short lived, unless you make major changes to the engine.

GMdude

Reply to
GMdude

Thanks guys for your input. I've decided to go with the K&N Gen 2 air intake system. I did more research on the helix throttle body spacer and found nothing positive. Do you guys know anything about upgrading/changing pulleys to increase power and performance and what about reprogramming your chip? Is this really a wise decision since as you said, you're messing with something thats tweaked for max HP?

Thanks

Dave

Reply to
Dave