Air pocket

I have a 94 Silverado with a 5.7. Recently changed the intake and now have an air pocket in the heater and it is driving me crazy with the gurguling sound. How do I get that out. Thanks, Gary

Reply to
Gary

jdoe

How pretel does one use a "vacuum tool" to remove air from the cooling system??

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Gary,

Go to the parts store and buy a venting rad cap. I use Stant's Lev-R cap. Cost is about $5.

  1. Fire her up with heater controls set to MAX HEAT.
  2. Pop the lever on the rad cap every 3-5 minutes and watch for air bubbles in the expansion tank.
  3. Continue burping the rad well after the t-stat has opened and the engine has reached 195*, doing so every 3-5 minutes.

Problem solved for $5 without coolant all over the frikkin' place.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Reply to
jdoe

SWEET! Never seen one of those. Where does it hook into the cooling system? How much do they run if you don't mind me asking?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

it's $189 bucks at snapon.com it's part #RADKITPLUSA from the looks of the picture it replaces the radiator cap.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Ouch. I'd rather invest $5 in a venting rad cap and 20 minutes of my time.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"