Air pocket

I have a 94 Silverado with a 5.7. Recently changed the intake and now have an air pocket in the heater and it is driving me crazy with the gurguling sound. How do I get that out.
Thanks, Gary
You need to make sure to run it for quite a while with no radiator cap after the tstat opens. It will burp and slop a bit but other than getting a vacum tool not much better way. Larry

have

gurguling
THere is a tool from Snap-On (I have one). You hook up an air hose to it and it draws down a vacum in the system after it's drained. You than mix however much anti-freeze and water you need in a large container, put the tube in it, open a valve and whoosh the system is filled AND bled perfectly in seconds. Larry

now

it's $189 bucks at snapon.com it's part #RADKITPLUSA from the looks of the picture it replaces the radiator cap.
-Bret

it
tube in

in
Ouch. I'd rather invest $5 in a venting rad cap and 20 minutes of my time.
Doc

have
Gary,
Go to the parts store and buy a venting rad cap. I use Stant's Lev-R cap. Cost is about $5.
1. Fire her up with heater controls set to MAX HEAT. 2. Pop the lever on the rad cap every 3-5 minutes and watch for air bubbles in the expansion tank. 3. Continue burping the rad well after the t-stat has opened and the engine has reached 195*, doing so every 3-5 minutes.
Problem solved for $5 without coolant all over the frikkin' place.
Doc