air ride

how do i know if my 2002 suburban 4x4 1500 has air ride? i want to purchase a susoension lift for it, but everthing says will fit excluding air ride.

thank you
Air ride is anything within the suspension system that contains air. Air charged shocks (whether theyre for the suspension or cab) or springs. Look at the suspension on your vehicle. Do you see coil springs with traditional shocks, leaf springs, or perhaps even torsion bars? The manual should be able to shed some light, too.
If it is air ride, there ought to be some type of compressor in the system with a switch to active it within the rear of the vehicle.
"tnemes" wrote: > how do i know if my 2002 suburban 4x4 1500 has air ride? i > want to > purchase a susoension lift for it, but everthing says will fit > excluding air ride. > > > thank you
Do you mean "autoride" ??
I think you do...and believe it is RPO Z55.
Check your build label for RPO z55
skimmer

Skimmer,
yes your right, i did mean autoride. RPO Z55, where else can i find that. i dont have the build label (or maybe im not looking in the right place)?
Thanks skimmer
Troy

Skimmer,
also, how can i identify autotrac?
Troy

Troy,
I'm to poor to own anything newer than a 99....but all the old vehicles had the build sticker in the glove box....check there.
I'm not sure the RPO for the autotrac.....google it.
skimmer