Alignment Question

I have a '89 Chevy half-ton 4x4. One guy says I can have a 4 wheel alignment done on this truck. Another says only a 2 wheel alignment can be done, because the rear is a solid or fixed axle. Who is right?
Any and all replies welcome and thank you.
Bob
about all they can do on the rear is a "thrust alignment" which means they make sure the axle is aligned up with the centerline of the vehicle.
-Bret

one thing to note - before you take it to have it aligned, take out the "knock-outs" in the upper control arms to save yourself some money, if it hasn't been done before. That is if you have the time and mechanical experience to do so, you can save yourself some labor on the alignment shop's part. Not a difficult task with the right tools (an air hammer makes it a 10-15 minute job per side).
Snowman