Allison trans temps >>> help!!??

hello and thanks for looking at my post;
2003 K3500 8.1L with an allison:
.....during normal driving I notice that the transmission temp remains pretty constant at about 155 degress F (outside temp at about 55 F)....when
I am in stop and go traffic however, the trans temp rises about 40 degrees F to about 195 (outside temp 55 F without a load)...I am paranoid because the truck only has about 8K miles on it and the dealer changed the tranny fluid for free about 700 miles ago because it was completely black and burned.....
any thoughts and commments are appreciated!!
Hondo

When your in stop and go traffic the transmission is shifting more often which generates more heat, the torque converter is getting hotter sitting, coupled with less air flow for cooling. So an increase in tranny temp in stop and go is normal. Of more concern to me is why the fluid went nasty. Fluid ends up looking black and smelling burnt from slippage. Some slippage occurs normally during shifts as one set of clutches/bands release as the next engage and there is over lap. More over lap =smoother shift, but shorter life. Less over lap=firmer shift and longer life, to a point. Then again while you give the year make and model, you neglected to include the mileage. You also left out wither you tow, how often you tow, weight, and does the trailer have brakes. Whitelightning
Hey Whitelightning;
Truck has about 8K on it....I bought the truck with about 7400 miles on it and have not towed with it....I assume the previous owner towed extensively with it for the following reasons;....
1) Fifth wheel hitch set up in bed.... 2) Rear differential cover is hammered (i.e. rusted outside)...
thanks again!!
Hondo

towing loads that should have been behind a medium duty rig, not a light duty p/u. those that have been around for awhile will remember when "hot shots" first entered the trucking arena they were one ton duallys. Those days are gone, and its class 6 medium duties like the GMC Kodiaks and Freightliner's F-60 series. But I still see way to many people pulling things like the idiot I passed earlier today with a Cat 914G loader behind a Ford F-350 on a fifth wheel. Also only 8,000 miles on a 2 year old truck. Whitelightning
I hope I am wrong, but I smell a rat here! Why would the transmission fluid be burnt, if the truck only has 8000 miles, even with heavy towing? Did you get a warranty with the truck?
Rear differential housing trashed and rusty. Again, why wifth 8000 miles?
Can you get a Carfax run on the truck? Miles ? Has it ever been wrecked? Rear housing may not be original. Don't want to worry you, but it just doesn't sound right. Cwb