Allison Transmission

Anyone experience problems with the Neutral Safety Backup Switch (NSBU) on the Allison transmission. I have an 01 Chevy 2500HD C/C S/B 4X4 DMAX/Allison
and just had the switch replaced. The transmission was only 800km out of warranty! The tech at GM said they replace a fair number of these units. Does anybody know if there was a a problem with the design of these that cause them to fail? I saw a post that said that Allison makes a better switch but GM has yet to incorporate it in their vehicles.
yup
a high-failure-rate item

DMAX/Allison
How would you feel if GM asked you to not honour your warranty because in "just 800KM" it will be out of warranty? I know it sucks but business is business....
~KJ~

DMAX/Allison
I had a bearing spin in my 92 at 46000 miles. 10 thousand beyond warranty and of course GM would do nothing to help out. The GM longblock I put in came with a 3yr 50,000 mile warranty. Don't figure!