Alternator ?

I have a 98 Blazer and it looks like I just went through my second alternator today in about a month and a half. The first one lasted a week.The alternators
are from Napa. So I don't know if it's a Napa thing with their alternators or if it's something with my Blazer. How has your luck been with Napa alternators?
The battery is brand new.
I have located the grounding strap and checked it as best I could, there is no way that I can see to get at the end that attaches to the motor, it's just way to tight.
Just in case the ground is bad or not as good as it should be, can I install another cable from say the alternator mounts to the car?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
RE/

Mine was put in on July 3rd....still working...but now you've got me wondering... ----------------------- PeteCresswell
disconnect the battery when messin with anything electrical on a car, unless it's only like changing a bulb...so much easier to reset the clock and radio than arc welding something together by mistake
I remember hearing an old neighbor guy removing a + battery connection with a crescent wrench and hearing the BUZZT!!! of it shorting out several times B4 I went over and helped him out <lol>
On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 03:55:39 GMT, "Jonathan Race"

I have made this mistake a couple of times before I finally wised up and disconnected the battery. Cooks the alternator but in my case it made enough juice to separate the mistake and the failure by a few months. Once the alternator actually boiled my battery dry because the regulator was trashed. Once you see that little flash and hear the spark the damage is done. In my case it was my mistake and not the fault of the rebuilder or the supplier. Just my 2 cents. -- Regards Gordie