Alternator help and other questions for 1989 full-Size Blazer (V10) w/350 V8

Hello, With the lights on my alternator is only providing 12.6 Volts across the battery terminals at idle. At higher RPMS it's fine. Does this mean that
the alternator should be replaced? Also I have been getting an intermittent check engine light. Any ideas on what would cause that? Thanks in Advance
Your voltage regulator is having a near-death experience. Since it's incorporated into your alternator it's time to make the change. You will have to swap out the entire alternator, which is only 3 bolts, one wire, one plug and a fan-belt. Should take you around 20-30 minutes if you know what you're doing.
Cheers - Jonathan
--
Jonathan A. Race
Lieutenant, EMS Supervisor