Alternator Started Rattling!

My 88 S-10 Blazer 4.3 serpentine belt lasted a year..then my alternator starts rattling...it went after about a year and a half...that must have been what shredded the belt!I replaced the tensioner...it's still pretty
tight..guess things only last a year or so. Bobby
Add pictures here
âś–
If you had a bad tensioner, that would throw the belt alignment off. My daughter's 1987 S-10 had one alternator replaced and one tensioner. Both of the were still working well after 5 years and she sold the Blazer last year with 218,000 miles on it. Too bad it had the crappy 2,8 V6 in it.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Alternator Started Rattling! Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Thu, Oct 26, 2006, 9:19pm From: snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (bobby swift) My 88 S-10 Blazer 4.3 serpentine belt lasted a year..then my alternator starts rattling...it went after about a year and a half...that must have been what shredded the belt!I replaced the tensioner...it's still pretty tight..guess things only last a year or so.           Bobby
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "Sometimes, it is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." ~ Unknown ~
Add pictures here
âś–