AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricant

I copied his spam to AMSOIL, hopefully if they care about their companies image they will drop him as a dealer

Reply to
Eugene

AMSOIL..The First in Synthetics...

Looking for the extra edge in racing, street performance, or just every day driving? Look to AMSOIL to help. Reduce engine temps, help protect your moving parts, increase gas mileage and horsepower just from changing your oil. Save money on oil changes by going 6 months between changes! All the information and facts can bee see at

AMSOIL is constantly looking for independant dealers like myself, email me for more information from the website.

Thanks!

Jeff Independant AMSOIL Dealer New York

Reply to
Jeff Reeg

SPAMMER!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
"Doc"

Send abuse complaints to snipped-for-privacy@frontiernet.net. Maybe we can get the moron's account closed.

Big Chris

Path: uni-berlin.de!fu-berlin.de!news.glorb.com!news-feed01.roc.ny.frontiernet.net !nntp.frontiernet.net!news01.roc.ny.POSTED!53ab2750!not-for-mail From: "Jeff Reeg" Newsgroups: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Subject: AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricant Lines: 17 X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1409 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1409 Message-ID: X-Complaints-To: snipped-for-privacy@frontiernet.net X-Trace:

52616e646f6d4956aac56b65d3c755734670e82c255a8457edc584ffb8da020ed6cad03bbd33 0f1778bce5d0f655730380cf9c625fac626c30fbecabfcafdc6203b1adae452a259e2a8f5674 71d9f9a85675c885468457a8c9b353bc533fb7f3 X-Abuse-Info: Please be sure to forward ALL headers so that we may process your complaint properly. NNTP-Posting-Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 19:25:50 GMT Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 19:25:50 GMT Xref: uni-berlin.de alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks:67992

Reply to
Big Chris

Amsoil's distribution setup is multi level marketing... spamming is part and parcel with that image.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Also Sprach Jeff Reeg :

I don't buy from spammers and I don't buy oil that is not API approved.

Reply to
Marshall Banana

I agree with the comment on spammers. But the funny thing about API is that at least some of the AMSOIL products are API certified. Check out

which is the website of the API's Engine OilLicensing and Certification System Directory of Licensees. Click on thelinks to view either the "Companies that are Engine Oil Licensees" or "BrandNames belonging to Engine Oil Licensees". Not a fan of AMSOIL and have never used it. I usually fill the crankcase with either Quaker State or Pennzoil, though I have been known to buy whatever is on sale. More important to change that API oil regularly and often.

Bob

1986 Blazer S-10, 4x4, 2.8L, Auto. 149,000 miles and counting. 1992 Dodge W250 4x4, Cummins, 5spd. 197,000 miles and counting. (Work truck, what can I say :-)

(Wife drives a 1992 Ford Ranger 4x2, 4.0L, Auto. 140,000 miles and I have to replace the fuel pump)

Reply to
Bob

I let them know that their spamming lost a potential customer, maybe is enough do they will rethink their methods.

Reply to
Eugene

FWIW, They replied to me today and told me that spamming is a violation of their dealer policy. I simply sent a polite letter asking them to ask their dealers to not spam NG's.

Reply to
Eugene

Amsoil jerks have been spamming newsgroups for years. And people have complained to Amsoil, Inc., countless times all to no avail. As Bret said, spamming is part of the Amsoil standard operating procedure.

Amsoil could never compete if they were forced to use normal marketing tactics.

Reply to
Elroy Jetson

I was surprised that they actually replied to me and said that it was a voltion of their policy.

Reply to
Eugene

You shouldn't be surprised. It takes all of 10 seconds to fire off a canned response to a complaint. Don't hold your breath waiting for them to take action.

MLMs really don't care about losing "potential customers". People who complain about the marketing tactics are merely people who have been reached by "The Message" but are not buyers. For every 10 people turned off by their tactics, one may complain, and one may actually buy the stuff (why anybody would use an oil that's not API certified is beyond me). Once you buy, you're deluged with crap to get you to buy again. Or better yet -- become a dealer so you, too, may share in the great riches realized by distributing their Superior Product.

To read what the dealers spam across Usenet it like listening to castrated Heaven's Gate cult members praising Ti & Do and inviting you along for a ride on their comet. They really don't care what you think of them -- they only want you to validate their lifestyle. And to an MLM dealer, that means buying his product.

Reply to
Elroy Jetson

Guys it seems to me that AMSOIL is still out there in spite of these spammers. After seeing the comments I would think that a bunch of people on here are turned offa gainst AMSOIL

HC

Reply to
hey there