An almost" tight bushing" squeak when...

Hey y'all, Ihave a 99 K1500 5.7L all O.E. and get a noise that sounds like a bushing or metal on metal squauk as I get to the end of a stop and as I take
off. If I brake rock the truck I can hear it and have R&R'd and lubed all bushings in rear, molylubed the backing plate behind shoes and torqued the lugnuts to 140 ft.lbs.but to no avail. It's the truck my wife drives most so you can understand the urgency of the situation lol. Heard of anything like this? Thanx MIKE S aka STONETECH
shot in the dark here, but maybe its just the exhaust system just rubbing the frame for a split second when the truck comes to a stop, my 02 blazer does it now and then, and i was told nothing can really be done about it
This sounds like a common problem on all GM trucks. The front driveshaft yoke us binding on the trans output shaft. When you stop, the rear springs "wrap" up, not much, but enough to slide the yoke back on the trans shaft. Brake lock rocking of the truck will do the same thing. To eliminate it, remove the driveshaft (rear one if you have a 2 piece driveshaft). coat the inside splines with Moly grease, and the outside of the output shaft splines of the trans/front driveshaft. Reinstall the drive shaft and test. If it is gone, you can get a replacement yoke from GM that is nickel plated. If it is not gone, look somewhere else.
KENG
Mike Sullivan wrote:

Possibly U-Joints. Mine squeaked just like that last time. Squeak at take off and stopping but not at speed.
Don't want to be a detail nazi, but isn't that the rear drive shaft you are referring to? Not the front.
I got the Nickel Plated slip yoke 2 years ago and no problems since.
Derek

I knew that when I re-read it. I intended to say the front of the rear driveshaft, if it has a 2-piece. If it has a single piece shaft it is the front of of that shaft. Whichever portion of your driveshaft has a slipyoke on it is the offending part. KenG
derek wrote:

I knew that when I re-read it. I intended to say the front of the rear driveshaft, if it has a 2-piece. If it has a single piece shaft it is the front of of that shaft. Whichever portion of your driveshaft has a slipyoke on it is the offending part. See, there I go again, if it is a 2-piece, it has a slipyoke on both sections. It is the section attached to the differential at the rear. It might be attached to the rear of the trans, at the front, or it might be attached to rear of the front shaft. ISTR though that there was a problem with the 2-piece shaft, and many were retrofitted with single piece shafts.
KenG
derek wrote:

I have a 90 model and i have one hell of a squeak coming from under the truck but when i hit a bump, it's a reg cab short wide bed, it doesn't do it when i brake or accelerate, it's more of when i hit a good bump and send a jolt through the suspension; i've gotten under it and i can't seem to find any bushing wore out or anything.
thanks TB