another obd 2 home scanner question

Has anyone ever used one of these:

Looks like a fairly inexpensive way to monitor sensors, read/clear codes and check all ECM functions. Wondering how well it works for the $$$.

TIA, Derek

Reply to
derek

another obd 2 home scanner question Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Tue, Sep 30, 2003, 4:21pm (CDT-2) From: snipped-for-privacy@socal.rr.com (derek)

Has anyone ever used one of these:

Looks like a fairly inexpensive way to monitor sensors, read/clear codes and check all ECM functions.

Wondering how well it works for the $$$. TIA, Derek ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Derek, I can't comment on it, I have never used it.

A question for you. What exactly are you wanting a scanner to do for you?

trying to help, Scrib Abell .

Reply to
Scribb Abell

There's a 149 bucker, an Actron OBD II available at Auto Zone, works great and performs all of the functions you need.

Have a great one!

Bush

Reply to
Duane Smith

Marsh Monster,

I am looking for something that can:

  1. Read/clear trouble codes
  2. View all sensor's outputs real time.
  3. Easy user interface and inexpensive

Thanks,

Derek

Reply to
derek

Was looking for something a bit more advanced than that, but it may works just as well.

Thanks,

Derek

Reply to
derek

Re: another obd 2 home scanner question Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Thu, Oct 2, 2003, 4:03pm (CDT-2) From: snipped-for-privacy@socal.rr.com (derek)

Marsh Monster, I am looking for something that can:

  1. Read/clear trouble codes

  1. View all sensor's outputs real time.

  2. Easy user interface and inexpensive

Thanks, Derek .