another obd 2 home scanner question

Has anyone ever used one of these:
http://www.autotap.com/products.html
Looks like a fairly inexpensive way to monitor sensors, read/clear codes and check all ECM functions. Wondering how well it works for
the $$$.
TIA, Derek
another obd 2 home scanner question Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Tue, Sep 30, 2003, 4:21pm (CDT-2) From: snipped-for-privacy@socal.rr.com (derek)
Has anyone ever used one of these: http://www.autotap.com/products.html
Looks like a fairly inexpensive way to monitor sensors, read/clear codes and check all ECM functions.
Wondering how well it works for the $$$. TIA, Derek ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Derek, I can't comment on it, I have never used it.
A question for you. What exactly are you wanting a scanner to do for you?
trying to help, Scrib Abell .
Marsh Monster,
I am looking for something that can:
1. Read/clear trouble codes 2. View all sensor's outputs real time. 3. Easy user interface and inexpensive
Thanks,
Derek
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Scribb Abell) wrote in message (derek)

Re: another obd 2 home scanner question Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Thu, Oct 2, 2003, 4:03pm (CDT-2) From: snipped-for-privacy@socal.rr.com (derek)
Marsh Monster, I am looking for something that can:
1. Read/clear trouble codes
2. View all sensor's outputs real time.
3. Easy user interface and inexpensive
Thanks, Derek .
There is no such animal.
Earnest T Bass
There's a 149 bucker, an Actron OBD II available at Auto Zone, works great and performs all of the functions you need.
Have a great one!
Bush
On 30 Sep 2003 16:21:50 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@socal.rr.com (derek) wrote:

Was looking for something a bit more advanced than that, but it may works just as well.
Thanks,
Derek