anti freeze leak

Anti freeze was running out of our 1989 chevy 1500 4 wheel drive and thought it was a blown hose but after buying one found out it was not hose. So assumining now it is water pump. My question is , what
else could it be or is water pump the only thing that could have done that? Thanks.
Is it the front of the engine??? or rear?? I would hose it off real good, let it dry and see where it is coming from. If you think it is a water pump, visually look at the weep hole. (6 oclock) probably have to get on the ground under the front and inspect with a flashlight to see it.