anti-lock brakes

I have a Chevy blazer 2000 with over hundred thousand miles. I haven't had any problems until I had the break pads changed by a back yard mechanic. I've had the line vacuumed and the calipers replaced. Bottom line I had to remove the fuse because most of time the break wouldn't retract completely. Tryed to have the codes read garage said the ABS wont communicate with computer. Dealer wont touch it unless i allow them to put original parts on. No way i can afford that. Please help. I know nothing about cars.

Reply to
I-know-nothing

your better off without the ABS anyways,I had a 99 jimmy with the same problem, and I had no trouble with the brakes except for the abs always activating when I tried to stop, by the way which fuse did you take out? if you took the one out on the inside of the truck you would have lost your cruise control also, now if you take the one out under the hood than ur ok

Reply to
Adam

sorry to say this but i'm glad i'm not the only one.

through them out here one at a time.

2 and above. what can i do to fix it and what will happen if i run it
Reply to
I-know-nothing