antifreeze link in cab '85 K5

Page 1 of 2
Passenger side, just under the dash. Too dark and cold to look right now. Best guess as to what it is, how long to fix it, and cost?
1985 K5 305CUI ~KJ~

I am thinking heater core.

heater core

--
Elbert Clarke
elbert.clarke**@us.army.mil
Passenger side, just under the dash. Too dark and cold to look right now. Best guess as to what it is, how long to fix it, and cost?
1985 K5 305CUI ~KJ~ ============KJ, a leak, 5 minutes, the price of a big arse can of pepper.
you are still looking for cheap fixes..... or did you get a better job??
mm ~:~ ============
No, have a great job. Didn't say cheap, just said cost. Like is it normally a tube, the core, or what? Don't really care about the cost just would like to know.
~KJ~
(KJ)

When your cab starts to fog-up and takes on a new sweet smell, you know it's your heater core.
Ladude
Passenger side, just under the dash. Too dark and cold to look right now. Best guess as to what it is, how long to fix it, and cost?
1985 K5 305CUI ~KJ~

Okay so 3 people have told me what it is. How about 9 people answering;
how long to fix it, and cost?
~KJ~
Well, I live in Arizona, you want what it would cost me to buy the part here?

now.
Probably about the best you could give me :-) Really more interested in TIME. Southern NH here.
~KJ~

right

box
cleaned
keep
the
core,
Had an 88 and the duct work looks exactly like my 99. If it was similar in 85 I pryed the duct work opened and ripped out the heater core instead of taking everything out that was suggested, came out of it with scratched up hands and an extra few hours.
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:01:25 -0600, "Corey Scheich"

1988 model had a different heater box then 85

well I dont know what the going rate on that model of truck is so I did not answer........ some heater cores are a big pain in the ass to replace. Labor is normally the big factor on a heater core job.

--
Elbert Clarke
elbert.clarke**@us.army.mil

now.
` Why don't you just replace it and then report back on how much the core cost you and how many hours it took for you to complete the job? You do plan on repairing it yourself don't you? Bob
Just thought I'd start a troll... lol. I can't believe the response I am getting here!
~KJ~

cost
Ok I will answer his time question. With A/C is 2.8 hours, without A/C is 1.8 hours of labor.

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 05:53:40 GMT, "Wrench-head"

For a professional maybe. For a shadetree ???
Triple that time easy.