Any transmission experts here?

I'm looking for some input on my 2000 S10 with 2.2L and the 4l60e. I lost reverse but everything else is fine. I have an ATSG manual on the 4l60e and there are two clutches for reverse, the low/reverse in the rear and the
reverse input clutch in the front of the transmission. Since low still works fine this would say my problem is in the reverse input clutch. I'm looking for thoughts on pulling the transmission and the pump and replacing the reverse input clutch and putting it back in for now until it gets warmer out and I can order all the parts to do a real rebuild. Anyone think I'm on the right track and this will work?
replies in-line

atre you sure ??? usually loss of reverse is accompanied by no 2, no 4, and a long wait as it jumps 1-3

low-reverse clutch is only effective in forward gears when selector is in '1'; at all other times load is carried by ' low one-way clutch'

waste of time and effort
do it once and be done with it

see above diagnosis

it might, but HUGE waste of T & E
TranSurgeon wrote:

can't be without a vehicle for more than a weekend, so I'm hoping I can pull it and band aid it for now then order enough parts to do a rebuild next year when I get some more $ and some more vacation days.