Anybody taken their Chevy to Mexico for bodywork?

I'm thinkin' of going south of the border to get my (83) slightly rusty suburban cherried up and repainted. Maybe as far down as Oaxaca. For me, any excuse to
get out of the snow... Any suggestions ???
Thanks, John in Massachusetts (it's the g.d. arctic circle)
I had a truck go to mexico once when I lived in tx. But I didn't take it there and after the raid I was told there was lots of body work done to it. damn shame none of it was making it look better.

excuse to

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:15:45 -0600, Onandexy wrote:

I don't know about Mexico, but one day's drive south of Oaxaca is Honduras, where I live, and there is quite a cottage industry here that imports totaled vehicles from the U.S. and fixes them up. The results look showroom new. Once I have some spare change I'm going to have my more than slightly rusty '83 Suburban taken care of.
Bring with you any replacement parts or accessories you will need (new carpeting, window felts, etc.). Labor is cheaper here than in the U.S. but parts are more expensive and (for Chevy) harder to find.
Warren Post Santa Rosa de Copn, Honduras http://srcopan.vze.com /