Anyone drive the new Clorado

I am thinking of the 4x4 crew cab. Any input?

Reply to
Tj

Make sure you have plenty of room to turn...

Reply to
Shades

I had one as a rental vehicle for 2 days...... NO POWER!

Reply to
John King

I test drove Chevy Colorados all week recently.

I drove a 4 cylinder non extended cab with an automatic transmission & 4.10 rear gears.

I also drove a 5 cylinder regular cab with a 5 speed standard transmission &

3.42 gears in the rear end.

Also drove an extended cab 4x4 Z71 with a automatic transmission & the 220 horsepower 5 cylinder motor.

The Chevy Colorado that was 4x4 Z71 with the automatic transmission felt like the brake pedal was to close to the gas pedal.

For a girl with a skinny foot & skinny shoes this might not be a problem.

But somebody who likes to wear steel toe boots has a wide foot or likes to wear big boots or shoes with alot of tread this may be a problem.

Regardless of which Colorado I drove, they all had room on the inside. If you are a regular small truck owner, you will notice the extra interior room that the Colorado provides.

As for power output, you really have to rev the engine to know the 220 horses is there.

Chevy claims 225 pounds of torque with the motor reving 2800 rpms. Well thats someting I have yet to feel, because the 2002 Toyota Tacoma I used to own claimed the same amount of torque at 3600 rpms. The Toyota felt like it had plenty of torque down low.

The Chevy Colorado seems to like a lower gear reving at a higher rpm to feel it's horsepower. But let me assure you, the power is there.

After driving a variety of Colorados, & spending hours at the Chevy dealer with my brother who is a car salesman & manager, I finally agreed on a red regular cab Chevy Colorado which came with the Z85 suspension, 4x4, 5 speed manual transmission, cd player, ac, tilt steering, wheel flares just like the Z71 &

3.73 gears.

My only complaint, is that I would have like to have got the Z71 because it comes with the bigger tire & the fog lights at the bottom, & 4.10 gears, since the engine makes it's 220 horsepower at 5600 rpm.

I was not able to do do this because of the trade in value of my truck, combined with the April 30th deadline my brother had to be able to give me his twice a year dealer discount.

Comparing my new 2004 Chevy Colorado Regular Cab 4x4 5 cylinder 5 speed manual transmission against the 2002 Toyota Tacoma TRD off road 4x4 V6 extended cab with 5 speed.

I would say the Toyota Tacoma was like a Cadillac, because It was an extended

4x4 with the V6, & had power windows power door locks power mirrors, a clutch start cancel switch, & a rear locking differential switch also.

My new Chevy Colorado is simply a Nice looking red in color Regular cab 4x4 with the 220 horsepower 5 cylinder engine. I do notice about the Coloado is that it does have more interior space than the Tacoma, & I also have a better turning radius because I do not have the extended cab. Plus, when I'm on the road cruising at 1/4 throttle the truck likes to go 5 miles per hour over the speed limit. When people see me on the road, they know I'm on something new & different.

Do note I compared what I used to drive to what I'm driving now. Chevy does make there version of the Toyota Tacoma TRD off road to compare with, which would be the Z71 off road in three cab choices. From regular cab to extended to crew cab with power windows & power everything else.

Do I miss my Toyota Tacoma which only had 9000 miles on it before I traded it in?

Absolutley not, Because I now have a new Chevy Colorado truck with a little over 100 miles on it has 220 horsepower instead of Toyotas 195 horses. It's a 5 cylinder & not a 6, which means better miles to the gallon.

In the future, If I ever get my hands on some money, I hope to lift my truck 6 inches off the ground & tuck some 35 inch tall tires under the fenders with like 4.88 gears.

For now I will put gas in it & take care of it as long as I own it.

Josh

Josh Jona Rael