anyone have the 4l60 4x4 ttc repair ?

I have a 1998 Bazer with the 1-2 weird shift.. wiplash style every now and then but no check engine light... I hear it was an issue...but can't find
the 4x4 instructions to repair this TTC valve which gets worn. Any info would be great, as I am hearing all sorts conflicting info on either to .. get a shift kit which includes the steps and valve, OR buy a new valve body.... which is like $500.. Thanx again

On my 2000 Silverado I have been chasing this issue for years. I have the hard 1-2 shift that's intermittent and mine did not light the check engine light. I checked for codes and had the dreaded P1870 (IIRC). The truck was under warranty and the dealer replaced the valve body. That lasted about 10k miles and then the P1870 was back. I then had a Sonnax valve sleeve put in with a new valve body by an independent shop. That lasted about 25k but luckily still under warranty. They gave me a new transmission that had been "beefed up" according to them and I haven't had an issue since (~25k miles). I wish I could have just got the new trans in the first step.
HTH
Derek
what part number.. I am going to go that route..it is a valve and ream job I guess.. Did you do it or the transmission shop... thanx for the advice..

duh... seen you had it done at the shop lol.. Nobody in Kingston Ontario will do it.. they want to just swap the transmission out.

I'll have to hunt for the part number, but I am sure I have it somewhere. I was told this was better done by a shop as special tools were required to hone out the valve bore enough to fit the sleeve.
Derek
On Apr 4, 10:50 am, snipped-for-privacy@socal.rr.com wrote:

Here's some sites that I have bookmarked when I was going to attempt to do it myself.
http://www.transhardparts.com/transhardparts.htm Has a neat video showing the procedure. They also sell the kit.
These guys have the heavy duty sun shell carrier and the other parts as well. http://snipurl.com/122vq http://www.bulkpart.com/700R4-4L60-parts.html
This also can be caused by a bad preesure control solenoid, a full trans scan will reveal issues with the solenoid or slippage when the tcc is applied, which results in boosted line pressure, some codes may be in there also such as p1870 or p1811.

-
I am checking the ohm readings when the valve body is down across the solenoids. Once tested and okay, I have a Transgo shift kit with new pwm module to fix the above issues.. I have read on 20 sites the this shift kit and PWN setup addresses the known issue of hard 1-2 shifts when warm... hell only $100 and a valve body is like $500 LOL how do they sleep at night.. I called a private tranny building guy and he said he has used this shift kit to address the problem.

Ok, and this also sleeves the troublesome tcc valve in the valve body?

-
I am not sure if this does this but it descibed my vehicle to a T Where do I get this TTC thing your talking about ?
TransGo # SK 4L60E Shift improvement / correction kit Corrects/Prevents/Reduces: No lock-up or 4th and code 1870. Cutloose & bang from reverse to drive; forward and low/reverse clutch burnup. 1-2 bump; double bump; slide-bump; delayed reverse engagement hot. Includes new design PWM boost valve. Also corrects worn valve body, rough shifts and blinking light. No special tools needed.

That trans go kit seems like just what you need.

-
I hope so.. thanx for your advice..

For what it's worth, I have used Transgo products in other vehicles and loved everyone of them. Any issue they were said to fix, they did, any other "claims" to shift improvement, etc.. were met. Transgo is very detailed when it comes to the instructions, I was able to install my first one and had never worked on a valve body assembly before.