Anyone hear of B&G synthetic?

I recently asked my mechanic to replace the differentials and transfercase fluid with synthetic. I requested Mobil 1, but instead he put in B&G synthetic. He said that they match or exceed Mobil 1 products. I
personally have never heard of them before. Do they have a website? Do they match up?
Thanks, Aaron
"Aaron" <x> wrote in message

To answer your question in the subject line, yes I've heard of them, but never used them before. Dunno if they have a website, but I know Jeg's and Summit sell their products.
Doc

Did he not hear you say Mobil 1 or did you just casually mention it as a synthetic? Its probably too late now, but if a mechanic forgets who he's working for, he needs some motivation. I don't know anything about B&G either, but if I was sold on Mobil 1, I'd have made him drain that shit and put in what I asked for! Remind him how much your truck cost versus a couple quarts of lube. BTW, you didn't mention what truck. Some of those transfer cases need the GM only stuff. . "Aaron" <x> wrote in message

It is a 1995 Blazer with almost 30,000 miles.
Thanks for the help!
Aaron

transfercase
http://www.bgprod.com /
Well known brand in the midwest. Brent
"Aaron" <x> wrote in message

I have worked as a Service Manager for a Ferrari and Maserati Dealer and we used BG products...highly regarded in the industry. Available only to Commercial or Auto dealers. I have a friend who has a shop and races competitively and he swears by their products
i have not heard of it, but synthetic is synthetic as far as i am concerned. i also consider it unnecessar or the manufacturer would have put it in themselves. at 30k you probably didn't need to change it unless you submerse it in water a lot and if that is the case it is probably already toolate