Anyone know anything about this?

I saw this when looking for a way in raise the front end of my 2001 z71. Anyone have any input on this thing good or bad. http://www.suspensionmaxx.com /
Dan
--
All we are is dust in the wind

probably a fine product. Let us know if you buy them.
I also saw an aftermarket company that is making torsion bars and the ear tab at the rear, as well. There will be more in the near future because more manufacturers will be going to the IFS. Finally, after almost two decades since GM introduced it in trucks, the rest of the world might be catching on...
Snowman

This is simply a Ford Torsion bar key. I bought the custom "keys" from a similar company, compared them to the Ford part to confirm their identity and returned the phony fake "key." The Ford part is about $30.
"Snowman" <somethingorotherdotcom> wrote in message
| > I saw this when looking for a way in raise the front end of my 2001 z71. | > Anyone have any input on this thing good or bad. | > http://www.suspensionmaxx.com / | > | > Dan | > | > | > -- | > All we are is dust in the wind | > | > | |
You have a part number? I have a 2000 silverado that I am about to turn the T-Bars on but prefer a better method. Do you know how these actually lift? It seems to me that the only way to get more height is to increase the preload on the T-Bars and I am assuming this device gives you more adjustment? Alos, how bad does the ride and the t-bar life deteroriate doing this?
Thanks,
Derek

To what-- making trucks that aren't trucks?
Personally, I won't buy a truck that doesn't have a solid front axle, ever again.

In certain applications:
SALA IFS front suspension is the greatest!
look at all the luxury performance cars, they call it double wishbone. Tossing out the McPherson struts in favor of the SALA IFS, because it just handles better. But for heavy duty use, I doubt there will ever be anything to compete with a solid front axle: i.e.. Dana or Spicer, I favor Danas or the good old Ford (Yuck) 9". About the only good idea Ford ever had.
Refinish King

again.
two
might be

On Thu, 13 May 2004 19:19:23 -0400, "Refinish King"

SFA's are certainly tough but I shudder at the thought of ever having to drive one again. They are so rough riding. All that unsprung weight is a suspension nightmare. Hit a hole and it just keeps bouncing. And all that weight shakes the truck when it bounces. Again, you can't beat one for taking a beating and getting the job done but I don't have to thrash a truck enough to have to put up with the downsides of a SFA.
ever hear of "shocks"??

or if one wanted to actually take the truck into rough terrain.
Sorry-- IFS won't have the handling capabilities of a solid axle setup, EVER. It's all got to do with leverage, for one thing.
Unless the manufacturers find a way to move the engine midships, and then make the lower wheel in a flexing situation actually get pressed INTO the ground, it ain't gonna happen.
Long travel in an independent suspension is all about long arm lenghts. To do that, you have to find a way to deal with getting the motor out of the way, since the pivots for the suspension wishbones need to be as close to the center of the vehicle as possible.
When you move the motor, you have two choices- up, or back. Up is a nogo-- you lose too much stability. Back is about al that is left-- and if you move it to the rear of the vehicle, you've just swapped ends of your problem. All that is left is mid-engine. Which, in a truck, is in the way.
Sure, lots of trucks don't get used as trucks. They see the street every day. For that use, IFS is ok. However, this market trend is ruining just about all the trucks coming out of the factories these days. I think even the venerable Nissan Patrol is going IFS!

So, in effect we agree!
In heavy duty use, nothing will ever replace the solid axle!
Refinish King
PS Some of the luxury 4WD's? "Almost like a nightmare!"
Have set the engine behind the centerline of the spindles.

ever
almost
yes, i'll get you a part number soon. i'll have to find it on the box to the old part though.