Anyway to get the SES light to go off?

Going to trade this piece of shit in and get a Toyota. SES light is on. Is there any fuses or anything you can do to get it to stay off. 2001 z71

This may sound a bit obvious, but how about fixing the problem that the SES is alerting you to?
Brian wrote:

Don't want to spend $150 on a EGR vaule. And I don't know if other problems exist. I know EGR is one of them. Would not make sense to spend alot of money if I will be trading it in.
If you correct the problem the light will go out and you will get more$ on trade. Mark

Buy your JapTrash:
Then you can go to another newsgroup when you need assistance!
Refinish King
PS Buy American!

Brian said

Then learn to live with the light on. It's there for a reason.
A code scanner will tell you if there are other problems ... and if indeed the EGR is a culprit.
Casey

Gee, I guess you think Toilet-ota's don't break down......... Well, if they really don't ever break down, why do Toilet-ota dealers have service departments full of mechanics ???? Hmmmmmm !!!!! Take a hike asshole............... Go buy your Tonka toy wanna be truck..

on.
2001
Sure just pull the one labeled ECM. Will turn it off real quick...