ARB Air Locker for 14 Bolt GM is available!

Everything I'd read or heard pointed to the same conclusion: The only locker for a 14 Bolt FF GM axle was a Gov-Loc or Detroit.
Well, maybe this is old news, but I'm damn excited about it. I just
found the ARB air locker is available for my axle.
http://my4by.com/product_info.php?products_id@3
I had searched this group before and not found anything pertaining to this subject (as recently as 10 minutes ago).
Hell, the last thing I read in my 4x4 mags only mentioned the Detroit...
Just figured someone probably didn't know this and wanted to.
Later, -Jon

Jon,
The Detroit locker for the 14 bolt is a lot easier to install and less problematic. What do you see as the downside of the locker? Maybe the question should be, what advantage do you see to the air locker?
Al
Big Al wrote:

    Front diffs with lockers Suck unless your in mud or snow. You either need to get out and un-lock your hubs to turn (at road speeds)or you have to muscle it. Even some of the built guys I know have a hard time doing that.
    Rear diffs with lockers are a plus. Some people don't like lockers on hard surfaces. They claim premature tire wear and other reasons. Mostly they don't like coming around a low traction corner and sliding the ass end out. My self I don't mind at all. Charles

Front 14 bolt?? I have a street driven hot rod with a Detroit locker. They are not bad if you don't stomp the gas going around a corner. Never had a locker in the front, but I did have an old Bronco with factory LS diffs in both axles. And what you are saying about the front locker was true with it. Many times I had to unlock one hub to make a hard U turn in mud or snow. It would "plow" straight ahead with the wheels turned.
Al
The problem I see is the automatic locking of the Detroit. I don't want to experience the problem of coming out of a turn on a wet road and having the entire back end slide out. I've experienced that before--didn't care for it much.
I prefer open differentials on the road, with the ability to DECIDE when the back wheels lock up.