Are my shocks bad?

Hi all, one month ago i bought a 99 GMC Sierra 1500 5.3, after looking it over i see that it has edelbrock shocks, they seem to be very soft, when i go slow over a speed bump or back into my drive way, the front
end will bounce a couple of times. I have never had edelbrock shocks before so i don't know if this is the way they work. If they are bad, would i be better off with some Bilstiens, or Gabrial monotubes. My truck is stock height, and i like and smooth but firm ride
Are they adjustable shocks? Sometimes shocks have a switch on them to change the kind of ride you would like.