Are my wheels too big???

Page 2 of 2
Just bought a set of Outlaw II's for my 87 K5 (15x10) on 35x12.50 with a backspacing of 4" . Only problem is that I couldn't get my fronts balanced
with weights (I wanted the weights to be in the back) without the calipers knocking them off. I just put in some BB's and then I was good to go. I agree....the Outlaw II's are very nice. I have a 4" Tuff Country lift and they ride super nice. I fell in love with my truck all over again!! "Shades" <shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote in message

OH...Ok... I was a bit confused for a moment. My next question was going to be "Where can I get one!!?!??!"
Well, seeing as how the front 10-bolt will eventually be swapped in favor of a Dana 60, I think it's best to go with some wheels that'll fit over the brakes.
Yep, the Eagles are indeed very similar to the Bajas. I know they're not terribly unique looking, but I'm not going for flash in the wheel dept. I like plain and simple, utilitarian looking things.
Yeah, they're aluminum. And yes, I'd prefer them in black. I'm moving toward getting the whole thing as black as possible (body, bumpers, mirrors, wheels, etc...). I have quite a ways to go there, seeing as how it's currently white with white rims.
The wheels on that Sub are not stock. They're something a previous owner installed. There's no wheel spacers, and the tires are the same size as the ones on my K5, so the back spacing on them must be different. They do stick out by at least 1.5 inches more than the K5's tires.
Aftermarket wheels do typically have different backspacing than factory.

Well, I'm going to check the spacing on the stock and the aftermarket wheels, and probably go with the offset that the aftermarket ones have.
They look better, and I think it'd add a little cornering stability during street driving.
...and more stress on ball joints and wheel bearings...

Well tell me this, what's the WMS-to-WMS measurement on a 1/2 ton as opposed to the 1 ton?
Will the 1 ton axle upgrade push the wheels out further?
Would a wheel with zero offset (WMS is in the middle of the tire) stress the joints and bearings the least?
WMS?

Just replace the damn wheels with what ever size you want, then if it rubs the fenders or whatever deal with it then.
"Shades" <shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote in message

BARKBARKBARK

wheel mounting surface...
The width of the entire axle assembly with everything but the wheels attached--hub to hub. I think a 14 bolt is usually like 67", although vans had wider ones than trucks. And duallies have even wider axles than that.
Some use an axle from a van or dually to widen the rear track without modifying the axle. Although from what I've seen, using a van axle requires you to cut off the spring perches and weld new ones on. The van's spring placement is different than trucks.
gotcha...I have always known it as hub-to-hub...
There always seems to be variances, but 69inches is the standard front axle width on 1/2T-1T Chevy's. I believe rears are 65inches and vans do run 69inches...and yea, the perches are 4inches(roughly) wider for the vans. Getting a 14bolt 10.5 ring gear from a van installed in my truck is a goal of mine.
You can get dually studs and flange from a dually and install them on the rear-end to get the wider track.

Well, if you need a ladder in order to climb into your rig...........the answer is yes
Wheels have no direct effect on the height of the truck...tires and suspension lift do.

no the bigger the better my cousin has a k5 blazer to and we got 48 on our k5 and we only use it for tree jobs and other shit like 4-wheelin in it we take the top off you should see the mess if you like to 4 wheel hard and ruff. it's got a rebuilt 350 and we are putting a 460 big block ford motor in it it is nice he was going to sell it for 300 buck. demoderby44