Are performance plug wires worth it??

Hi there, Its time for spring tune up. I have an 89 s10 4.3 4x4. I was wondering if there was any real benefit from performance plugs, wires, coil on a stock engine. I understand the theory behind it. But I don't
know if they provide enough of a noticeable improvement over OEM equipment to justify the extra money. My s10 runs good however lately (past month) it seems to be a bit sluggish and bogs down. It rides fine but when I step on the gas to accelerate and pass, or climb a hill it feels like my truck is bogging down, the engine gets nice and loud but I feel like I'm actually slowing down. Its between the 35-45 mph range. Any ideas? things I have replaced recently.
Coil (OEM from parts store) Plugs (AC delco from parts store) Wires (7mm OEM from parts store) Cap&Rotor (OEM) TPS sensor MAP sensor O2 sensor EGR valve
Its been about 20 months since I have replaced all of these items except for the EGR (about a month ago). I am figuring the sensors should be ok and It is just time for a tune up. So back to my original question should I go with the OEM parts or will I see any benefit from more expensive parts? Any other suggestions as to what I should look for?
snipped-for-privacy@smcm.edu wrote:

Clean up the fuel system.

I forgot, the fuel pump was changed about 2 years ago, and the filter about a year ago. However I have run out of gas since. Is it bad to totally run out of gas?
On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 21:40:30 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@smcm.edu wrote:

No, it's a good thing... Here's your sign..
Besides the obvious things like "damn, it won't run without gas", you have factors like sucking up the last bit of crud and dirt in the bottom of the tank and running it through the fuel system and possibly burning out the fuel pump, if it's mounted in the tank to keep cool.. (scary thought)
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Ok, I guess I deserved that one. But that was my question. Should I replace my fuel filter again? Also I have heard that a clogged cat converter can cause problems as well. Is there a way to tell without just dropping 300 to have it replaced?

In article < snipped-for-privacy@h11g2000prf.googlegroups.co m>, snipped-for-privacy@smcm.edu wrote:

The exhaust back pressure can be measured quite easily.