Are there any parts I shouldn't use Anti-Seize on?

Page 2 of 2
very inteesting post, Frank- what's the Porsche bit about?

Hello burntkat,
Porsche lug nuts are of the "closed end" type and are designed to torque down leaving a very small gap to the tip of the wheel lugs/studs. Owners using axle grease on the lugs and nuts would inevitably squeeze the excess into this gap -- the grease has nowhere else to go. The owners would torque down the lug nuts to spec not knowing that the incompressible grease was not allowing the nuts to hold the wheels on tightly enough. I did not hear of any wheels flying off but common problems were bent rotors, damaged alloy wheels, and irregularly worn tires (in that order of occurrence). This was back in the 80's. I had called my close friend in Long Island who had a 911 Targa (still has it, actually) to ask him if he was still greasing the studs -- he laughed and said the anti-seize he switched to as advised by his mechanic worked "much better because your hands don't get greasy anymore rotating the tires."
Conservative application of anti-seize on very clean mating parts, gradual torquing to spec, then retorquing after a certain period of time or use. Good stuff if used properly.
Regards, Franko

Your quote: "it all has to do with having dissimilar metals together-- the antiseize keeps them from reacting together and seizing up."
Well, it seems from what you said, you didn't imply any reason other than dissimilar metals.
If you took the time to apply some reason, you'd see the parent to your post indicated that it would be a good idea to use the 100K service interval to apply to the plugs.
Got it, Jr?
On 21 Sep 2005 06:33:33 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

    You just brought back memories of a 87 Cavalier 4 door. 2.0 fuel injected automatic. Dang number 3 spark plug siezed in the head. Left the threaded shell, broke off just above the nut. The customer decided to just part it out rather then paying me to fix it. Charles