Are these 2 problems related?

My 91 has had both problems (4WD not engaging was the result of a bad vacuum switch on the transfer case)....but never have figured out why the ABS light comes on once every few months..as to there being a common problem..my uneducated guess-----nope

Reply to
Flakey714

Santa

Hey all I have a 1992 S-10 Blazer 4.3 auto that the 4wheel drive does not engage and the ABS light is on. My question is this....... Does the 4 wheel drive and the ABS share a common component, if so what is it and where is it. Thanks Steve

Reply to
seeray28

No it doesn't. The programming changes but it's not totally disabled. I'm currently driving my 2nd S-series, neither has shut the ABS off when in 4wd...

Reply to
Mike Levy

i disconected my abs and my 4x4 still works just fine

Reply to
S.S.I.N.

Reply to
seeray28