Attempted theft of 1986 C10…Result…damaged steering column

Posted this question earlier in alt.trucks.chevy, but got no response. Thought I would try here, as it appears to have more readers.
Well it happened...Some neighborhood lackey learned how easy it was to
crack open the steering column on the older Chevys and steal them. Lucky for me, the truck had sat so long, the battery was dead, and they could not turn the SOB over...complete amateur hour...
Anywho, I write because somewhere I saw advertised reinforced billet steering column (covers?) for Chevys? Can someone point me in the direction of one of these items, or provided feedback on this type of deterrent? Also, are there any other ideas about to keep the party off my steering column?
Feedback appreciated,
Artie
Add pictures here
✖