ATTN: Beware of the Abominable Snoman!

The abominable Snoman is a large hairy bubba like creature associated with the seldom snow covered regions of the Ohio between Indiana and Pennsylvania. He is also known as Snojob, Snoboy, idiot, and many foul names. One would think the sightings of the Abominable Snoman are rare but sadly that is not the case. The Abominable Snoman avidly makes his presents well known in many groups.

Some of these groups are: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks alt.autos.dodge.trucks" alt.trucks.ford rec.autos.makers.saturn rec.autos.4x4 alt.rv alt.autos.toyota.trucks alt.trucks.chevy alt.autos.gm

The Snoman can exceed 300 post in one months time. That's more than

10 post per day which one can conclude that the Snoman has no life outside of the internet. One would think with such extensive amounts of post in automotive related groups that the Snoman would have an extensive background in automotive service and repair. However some simple research into the Snomans background quickly proves otherwise.

Taking the advice of the Abominable Snoman is done at your own risk. You put your money, your vehicle, and your life on the line with a creature that has no background in automotive technology. The Snoman will often reference objects with little correlation to modern vehicles, such as his 50+ year old John Deere tractor to back up his off the wall claims on coolant. The Snoman has no regard for the pH balance, freeze protection, or boiling point requirements for modern automobiles as the Snoman simply relies on the visual appearance of the coolant in a 50+ year old tractor.

The Snoman is also a big conundrum in the sense that the Snoman will rant with claims of the oil industry price gouging but at the same time pointlessly recommend the higher priced higher octane gas for vehicles that do no require nor benefit from it. And where does the Snoman come up with the facts that this will improve HP and gas mileage? From non other than the Snoman himself. A simple Google search would turn up many first hand sources clearly stating that higher octane gas has often hurt their gas mileage and shown harder cold start issues in vehicles not rated for it. (We still await his answer on where the knock sensor is on a RAM V10.)

The Snoman is a very dangerous beast. Just one example of the dangers of the Snoman is his promoting the use of hydrocarbons in Mobile Air Conditioning Systems. Anyone with real experience in the MACS field can tell you how very dangerous the use of hydrocarbons can be. The explosive state of hydrocarbons in the AC system can very well take someone's life. But this has not deterred the Snoman the least bit as his claims that tetrofluoroethane (only known as r134a to a layman such as him) is somehow more hazardous to human health.

The Snoman also continuously makes some interesting and clearly hypocritical statements which make no sense at all.

Here is but one example of such a post

"You are to only BoZo here. giving the wrong advise just because you like to hear yourself talk. Get a life" Clearly the Snoman was wrong and for some reason wanted to remain wrong instead of admitting his error. This flies in the face of what he once said.

QUOTE : "When I am clearly in error I will admit it while others do not so they are never wrong in their mind anyway."

That has yet to happen after a countless number of errors. One would think that the Snoman has a severe case of alzheimer's or an advance case of syphilis. If this were the case it would explain many things.

In closing as long as the Snoman is not taken seriously the risk to ones life is minimal. However great effort must be taken to ensure that none of the Snomans statements are ever taken seriously. This would sound like a great deal of work but the work is entertaining do to the ever so slow dim-witted nature of the Snoman.

_________________________________________ PS. feel free to repost this where needed _________________________________________

Reply to
LMAO

QUOTE:

This should be posted at every group the idiot show's up at. Sort of a public service announcement.

Reply to
Roy

Man, as I've said a thousand times over "everyone is entitled to their opinion, including Snoman.

All points of view whether completely inane or sheer genius should be welcomed without ridicule in here. It is up to the individual to decide if any point of view has merit.

To mock an individual simply for having a different aspect on automotive repair is lacking in good taste and is utterly demeaning.

If you don't agree with his opinions then agree to disagree and leave it be. Kindness and respect of others, should be the order of the day. Steve

QUOTE:

Reply to
Steve

A opinion is one thing. Constantly posting wrong misleading and at times dangerous info is another!

A novice may not know enough to decide.

That is not the case, as has been pointed out numerous times.

Also, if one is not informed on a issue it would be best if one were to stay out of it.

Reply to
Roy

Until it puts someone at risk of injury. Did you bother to read any of that? Do some research.

HC's in the ac system isnt inane, its insane!

I didnt start this with snoman. Snoman came out of the blue one day and started shit with every reg in the group I was in. He was trying to be the alpha male or some shit which doesnt fly there. He tried to tear down our post on proper repairs and such with his off the wall disinformation. I can tell you this, the mocking and name calling did NOT start from our end.

Kindness and respect has to be earned in my book. The day Snoman showed up he done a thorough job of bankrupting all of that by showing no respect to anyone. He thought he had all of the answers...He had none to speak of.

Reply to
LMAO

As others are saying, an "opinion" is welcome. Just state that it's simply "an opinion" and all will be well. But when you answer posts and you answer with incorrect information, that needs to be addressed.

"simply a different aspect"? Come on, it's incorrect information...not quite the same thing.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

I agree with Steve... Everyone is entitled their opinion. If what is being told is dangerous than I would agree. With brain surgery, but that is not what we are talking here.

I value what everyone has to say. Except flamers, and after a few of those, I just use the "Block Sender". Why can't you use it against Snoman if you have such a problem with what is said.

Reply to
Bill

It is my opinion that Snoman should be flamed each and every time he posts incorrect information. It is also my opinion that flaming his spelling errors should be optional.

Why, because you can't comprehend the potential for loss of life or property? Since when should whether something is potentially dangerous be restricted to brain surgery only?

If you happen to look out the window and notice your neighbors house on fire, do you;

a) Call the fire department and report it? b) Close the curtains and hide under the bed? c) Stand outside and cheer the person running away with a gas can and matches? d) Pop open a Schlitz, stand on your front porch and holler to the firemen "git-r-done?"

Before you choose an answer, remember, house fires aren't brain surgery.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

I do have SnoMan blocked, however when someone responds to his stuff, his "comments" are still there.

Reply to
MikeG

I'd trust Snoman more than any of you. Believe me I am writing all your names down and do not expect any help from me if that is the way you handle this site.

Karl

Reply to
Skylark

I also read snowman as correct more than any of you and being and old timer, we have forgotten more than you whiners have learned. old john

Reply to
<ajeeperman

marsh sips his mushroom tea......and researches the posters history......... (being as he's so damd adamant about how many posts others make.....ON TOPIC)

:)

======== =========

any whooooooooo.............

Dear Mr. ..........

L et M e A lluminate O ff topic

.........it seems........unlike Sno.......you don't post at ALL........unless yer try'n to start a Flame War....

gutless scumbag allias use'n weirdo freekoid momma's boy..............

jmo

but then...........

we all got one....................

DON'T WE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~:~ MarshMonster ~adamantly accepts all responsibility for his language, his posting style........ and ANY fishbait that rots on this line~ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . here fishy . . . . . . . J ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Hey Marsh! Wassup man, haven't seen you post in a LONG time... I thought maybe you went on a little vacation somewhere... Good to see you back.

Later

Reply to
websurfer

Oh no! Karl won't help me! What ever will I do? How will I get any answers to the mechanical questions that I pose in these forums!?

More Snoboys coming out of the woodwork!

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Oh geez.....please don't tell me that "you're" a Snoboy too...Marsh!

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

========= =========

I know this Dealer Tech you could ask.........he's a perty smart feller........

seems to know his stuff........

:)

~:~ marsh ~drops a mushroom in Ians coffee cup~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Marsh is a whole lot smarter then you think.....certainly much smarter and far more likable then a certain "frosty".

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Hey....Jeep...man! Check out this thread and tell me how great your Snoman is.

This one: Re: 90 suburban, 5.7 tbi; hesitation with backfire

Wow! He's the man when it comes to correct technical knowledge, eh?

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

How many have your owned???? I own a 89 since new wise a$$ which is same as a 90 and I know how it works because I have had it apart. You can beleive what you want but believing does not make it so.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Are you for real? Throw your 1989 Chilton manual in the trash and stop playing with the big boys here who have had EVERY SINGLE YEAR of chevy trucks in their bays! TBI trucks do NOT have mechanical advance distributors in them you moron! We dont give a shit what your 89 had! We are talking about a 1990! They are not the same, pull your head out of your ass! They had both Carbs and TBI in 89 but in 1990 they had THROTTLE BODY INJECTION only! Thats what TBI stands for you retard. Does your truck have TBI? NOT LIKELY! Wow not the same now is it!?!?

Now admit you are wrong and admit you are a dumbass. If you dont every post of yours I see I am going to reply to with a link to this thread! Every thread you screw up on from here on out will be added to the list! ENJOY!

Reply to
HeatWave