Attn transmission experts.

I have a 97 GMC with a 4L60E transmission behind a 350 engine. I noticed a couple days ago when the transmission shifts into 4th there is a buzz or moan when it does this, right before the converter locks. It only seems to do it hot. The fluid and filter was changed approx 2500 miles ago. I have a transmission cooler installed.

The trans was rebuilt about 74K due to fwd clutch drum failure. The current mileage is now 87K. After the rebuild I used a magnafine filter in the return line to catch any strays the shop may have missed. I recently removed it and there were no particles out of the ordinary or in the pan during fluid and filter change.

Thanks for any ideas you all may have.

Reply to
Blown94SC

Blown94SC

Also Sprach Blown94SC :

Sorry, I tried to email you some tips exactly what is causing this problem, but all I got back was some smarmy message about wanting to subscribe to a mailing list. Sucks to be you.

Dan

Reply to
Marshall Banana

Hey, this isn't some sort of place where you are "guaranteed" to get an answer. Nobody is getting paid to be here. If you want "guaranteed" help, go take your truck to a transmission shop and pay for the help.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

Look, I figured there _were_ knowledgeable people here to help. Obviously that isn't the case because I have gotten no responses. My fault for assuming...

And my truck is taken care of so lucky me. I will keep the fix to myself.

shiden_Kai wrote:

Reply to
Blown94SC

Yes, at this point, I don't think we have any doubt that you have made an ass out of u.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

Also Sprach Blown94SC :

Wasasmatter Jim? Still upset because you're a 43 year old wrench monkey for the airforce and can't afford air conditioning for your trailer home in south Georgia? Maybe you'd be cooler if you took your rebel flag down from the window, and quit listening to Rush Limbaugh. Try voting Democrat this year, you might find it lowers your blood pressure a bit. Remember, Jim, you're gonna hit the big 4-5 in 20 months, we'd hate for you to pop a vein. Lord knows we can't afford to loose another middle aged hayseed hick.

Dan

Reply to
Marshall Banana

actually, you need to catch up on recent events. There's been several UNIX viruses in the wild over the last 6 months or so.

Regardless- it's quite easy to install AV software on a Windows box. So it's a non issue. I've not had a virus in over 8 years since I started running AV products.

Completely agree with you overall, however.

I don't get viruses, because I'm smart

Reply to
burntkat

Grow up, fool. You are looking more than just a bit immature here.

= [ cae168-247-211.sc.rr.com ]

Reply to
Bob

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS! They'll dry up and blow away on their own.

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl