Audio problem

I recently had a local car stereo shop replace the factory unit in mye 95 s-10 blazer with a aftermarket unit.
Now there is no sound coming from my right front door speaker. The dash
tweeter is working fine on both sides. All the other speakers is fine. I took out the head unit but all seems fine with the connections.
Any idees?

Ya, Take it back to the place that installed the HU... otherwise have you checked the connections at the speakers? how long ago was this installed? did it just quit working?
Adair
wrote in message

95
Problem is I am not absoluttely sure the speaker was working before I went to the shop. Got the HU installed yesterday but it is quite a drive to the place....
Have not checked the speakers since I have to remove the door panel. This will be my next move unless I get some good ideas here. If all else fails I will just add a new speaker wire but this will render my tweeter useless....
I guess there must be a connection somewhere inside the dash where the speakerwire from the head unit i split into the one going to the door speaker and the one going to the dash tweeter. This could be the problem. Anybody know where this split is?
VLH wrote:

Basically your options are the HU isn't functioning properly (not likely), the connection at the HU isn't solid (possible), the wire went to crap (not likely), the connection at the speaker came off (possible) or the speaker is dead (possible). I'd check both connections, wiggle the plugs, then test with a secondary speaker or a testor light/ohm gauge. Shouldn't take much time to do any of that.
Big Chris
the tweeter works but the door speaker doesn't Its the OE speaker.
: I recently had a local car stereo shop replace the factory unit in mye 95 : s-10 blazer with a aftermarket unit. : : Now there is no sound coming from my right front door speaker. The dash : tweeter is working fine on both sides. All the other speakers is fine. I : took out the head unit but all seems fine with the connections. : : Any idees? : :

Thats my guess to. But is there some kind of crossover hidden somewhere in the dash?