Auto 4WD Button and a problem

I have an 01 Jimmy that has the 4 button setup. On the left is the large button AUTO 4WD on the right is 2 Hi 4 Hi and 4 Lo

I have always used 2 Hi except when it snows and I need the 4x4 engaged and the use 4 Hi.

Is it ok to have the AUTO 4WD as the standard all time and have that button engaged ?

In addition this morning here in NYC it was 13 degrees and when I tried to engage any other position from 2 Hi the buttons were blinking and not changing. This happened a few time but at other times the other buttons would go to solid on light. This evening upon coming home from work it was warmer and I had no problem.

What might the problem be?

Thanks Double Tap

Reply to
Double Tap

We have a 99 Jimmy with the 4 button system, ours was the computer....Took me almost a year to find a used one.

By chance the truck now is undrivable, so I have a computer for the 4 button system will fit 99-02 jimmys with the 4 button system. Let me know if your interested in it.

Reply to
abomb69

Personally, I would not and save wear and tear on servo encoder that shifts it. I prefer to decide when I am in 4x4 and not leave it up to the car since it does not have a differentail in Tcase unlike some automatic systems like Subaru uses and others.

There is a externally mounted servo encoder that shifts it and in the cold between the stiffer fluid in Tcase and cold encoder, crap happens sometimes. The "joys" of push button 4x4 and the reason I would never have it. I guess I am old fashioned because I still prefer a manual shift case even after over 30 years of using them. BTW, you should not use 4x4 by default as it can instill a false confidance at times. Use it when you really need it not because it is there.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan