Auto body collision repair - Frame Rail

I have a 2000 Chevy 1500 4X4 front end collision. Frame rail end caps are collapsed; I know the procedure for replacement. There is a slight kink behind the suspension cross member right side from side sway. I have been
told center sections of these frames should not be repaired. Is this the case in this situation?
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Yes, but a severe kink or buckle/sway can require a new frame, the shop must determine this.

-