Bad Brakes

I have a 1988 1/2 ton 4x4 and the brakes suck! They never were too good and now the truck has sat awhile and they are worse. You can stand on them and not get them to lock up. It takes a heavy foot to stop. I was
used to it but am handing the truck down to my son and it has me worried. I put new rear cylinders on awhile ago. Just put a new master on. I did a test to see if booster is working. The only other thing I can think it would be is the front calipers? But then a guy told me all 1988 trucks the brakes sucked. I'm at a lose, any ideas?
-

Check the calipers for the pistons being frozen, also the flexible brake hoses may have closed up. I had that happen on an '86 Chevy pickup.
Brian
I would confirm you are getting proper brake function in the rear.

-
Just got back from vacation. Yes as far as I know I'm getting good brakes in rear. I was thinking of replaceing those front calipers cause it wouldn't cost that much. But I didn't give the flex lines a thought. I'll check them and get back to u guys just so u know what fixed it. Thanks!
Shep wrote:

-