Bad Gas Gauge in a 1987Chevy Suburban

I own a 87 Suburban and the gas gauge says that i am getting more gas as i keep driving snice i am a girl i am kinda afraid to take it to a repair shop snice they over normally over charge me i was wondering if anyone had any idea of what is worng with my truck....

Thanks

Reply to
J_Johnson531

What do you mean by it says I am getting more gas?

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

One assumes she means it slowly climbs upwards toward full while she is driving. Could be a grounding problem with the cluster, could be a bad sending unit amongst others.

Reply to
Augustus

I considered that but more info such as it works normal until it gets down to a certian level would confirm whether it is likely the sending unit

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan