Bad horn on 2000 Silverado... help

I've seen this on quite a few new body style Chevy's. One of the (2 I guess) horns goes out leaving a very weak horn. Of course, I'm just out of my warranty. It seems like it'd be a connection/bad solder.

Any recommendations on how to fix it?

Thanks

Reply to
~~AAJakeleg

Bad horn on 2000 Silverado... help Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Sat, Nov 1, 2003, 11:28pm From: snipped-for-privacy@no.no (~~AAJakeleg) I've seen this on quite a few new body style Chevy's. One of the (2 I guess) horns goes out leaving a very weak horn. Of course, I'm just out of my warranty. It seems like it'd be a connection/bad solder. Any recommendations on how to fix it? Thanks

You have two horns with two different pitches...One is a high octive the other a low octive......This is very common of a problem the only solution it to replace the bad horn....Which in this case is your high octive horn....Just stick your head under the hood ...Have someone blow the horn youll be able to tell which side its on when you hear the sound from the other side.....I think its the right side but not sure.... Steve Cook

Reply to
Steve Cook

Do I have to buy this horn from the dealer? How much? Part number?

Also, I noticed that it kind of went out gradually, that is, it worked, worked a little less, worked occasionally, then quit altogether. Are you sure it's not some kind of electrical connection?

Reply to
~~AAJakeleg

Those high note GM horns are notorious for failure, they've been asked about on many other forums. My high note went out on my 01 Tahoe, and

connection?

Reply to
Markeau

Muchas gracias.

| > Also, I noticed that it kind of went out gradually, that is, it | > worked, worked a little less, worked occasionally, then quit | > altogether. Are you sure it's not some kind of electrical | connection? |

Reply to
~~AAJakeleg

After market horns are probably cheaper than OEM and will probably last longer too.

-The Lonely Grease Monkey

1985' K5 305CUI TH700R4 NP208 KJ's successor

"Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, then he who believes what is a wrong." - Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Lonely G-Monkey