Bad Idle

I have a 95 k1500 with a 5.7L It has a bad idle, seems to drop rpms by a 200 for a second every few seconds, doesn't do it all the time but most of the time. Sometimes worse
than others. Anything past idle it runs great. I checked the EGR valve and it seemed ok, any other ideas? Thanks DeerHunter
My 91 burb did the same thing, replaced the wires and no more problem. Good Luck.

Tune it up. Plugs, wires, cap and rotor, then see how it runs.
Doc

worse
Thanks for the advice Doc, In changing the plugs #5 was terribly fouled to the point that there was not gap there. That bothers me terribly because it had only been 15,000 miles since the plugs had been changed. I hope that's not an indication of something worse to follow. But that was the cause of my idling problem. Thanks, DeeRHunteR

Questions:
1) What kind of plugs (the old ones that fouled) 2) How much oil does she burn per 3,000 miles? 3) Ever replace the valve guide seals?
Doc

few
worse
1)Ac-Delco Platinum Plugs 2) Around a Quart 3) Nope
DeeRHunteR

Sometimes
fouled
the
Probably just a bad plug then.............
Doc