Baja beater update

We took the Blazer for it's shake down run from Central CA to Baja and back..
Very nice trip and in more comfort than we expected.... hard to believe it's a
95 with 130k on the clock!
The v-6 seems very strong and though we pushed it pretty hard, we averaged over 21 mpg... quite a surprise for a 4x4 and a big savings over a 1,200 mile trip compared to the 14 mpg we get in the Ram..
Had the EGR light go on again, but since we knew what it was we just put a bottle of injector cleaner in the tank and the light went out in about 50 miles or so..
Thanks again to all here that helped us shop and diagnose the problems!
Mac
Im glad you enjoy it.There nice trucks for mild offroading and pretty comfortable for being so small.
-- -------------------------------------------------------------- When Religion ruled the world , they called it the dark ages...
Don Farr Roswell NM 88203 D-farr AT cableone DOT net
took the Blazer for it's shake down run from Central CA to Baja and back.. <BR><BR>Very nice trip and in more comfort than we expected.... hard to believe it's a<BR>95 with 130k on the clock!<BR><BR>The v-6 seems very strong and though we pushed it pretty hard, we averaged over<BR>21 mpg... quite a surprise for a 4x4 and a big savings over a 1,200 mile trip<BR>compared to the 14 mpg we get in the Ram..<BR><BR>Had the EGR light go on again, but since we knew what it was we just put a<BR>bottle of injector cleaner in the tank and the light went out in about 50 miles<BR>or so..<BR><BR>Thanks again to all here that helped us shop and diagnose the problems!<BR><BR>Mac<BR><BR><A href="https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis ">https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis </A><BR><A href="https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis/wood_stuff.htm ">https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis/wood_stuff.htm </A></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=

Thanks.. It should be about perfect for us once we move... mostly short trips over dirt roads and some trips to the "big city" on paved road..
Mac