Baja beater update: found one!

Just wanted to thank the group for help/advise... made shopping a lot easier!
We found a really clean 95 Blazer yesterday, got it for $4,200...
It looks about perfect for us... 4 door, V-6, auto, good tires, clean interior,
etc... has all the bells and whistles like power seats, door locks, leather, alarm,step bars, overhead compass, etc...
Owner bought it new and had all of the service records including tranny rebuild and fuel pump 3,000 miles ago... very well maintained truck? that's a joy to drive..
Thanks again for the help, it's nice to own a Cheby again!
Mac
4x4 I hope,for the things I remember you wanting it for. I just played 4,000 for a 91,except it has only 13k on a new long block and damn near every thing on the motor is new also(she gave me the receipt).Its like brand new inside and only very minor scratches outside.No power seats :( lol
--
When Religion ruled the world , they called it the dark ages...
"mac davis" < snipped-for-privacy@splinters.comcast.net> wrote in message

Yeah 4x4...
Means a new learning curve for me since the only 4x4 stuff I know is what I've learned here... *g*
It has the buttons on the dash for shifting the t-case... I guess they're ok, but I see it as 1 more thing that can go wrong, as opposed to direct linkage..
I spent about an hour last night going over the stuff he had in the glove box.. receipts for major stuff like transmission rebuild and fuel pump, but years and years worth of oil & filter changes every 3k or 4k, brake pads, etc... He really took care of his "baby".. lol
Since the reason that I got into this NG was the remote oil filter lines on my kids 93 blazer, I'll keep a close watch on that sucker!
OH.. you mentioned power seats... as an old fart that splits driving 50/50 with the bride, it was a pleasant surprise to see that though the passenger seat isn't power, it has power lumbar support... way to go chevy!! Mac

joy
When Religion ruled the world , they called it the dark ages...
"Mike Dobony" < snipped-for-privacy@notasarian-host.net> wrote in message

hmm... and I though that the dark ages were when they released the 1st Hummer...
Mac
mac davis wrote:

No the dark ages started when pick-ups became luxury items, not work horses. I can' count how many heavy duty pick-ups never haul anything more then grocerys and bottled water.

I hear that!
My neighbor got a new Silverado last year.... 4 door, tinted windows, satellite radio, etc.... had it lowered and flow masters added and those big rims with little tires on it.... hard bed "lid" with remote to open and close it, color matched to the truck of course, in case he ever decides to put anything in the back..
Mac
Its gotten really bad when my 6 yr old daughter is mad at me today because after running down some muddy roads and playing around yesterday I didn't run out and wash it.She wants it to be pretty,and I argue that its a truck and suppose to be used and dirty.If I wanted "pretty" I would buy a Chrysler 300 or a Cadillac.