Bank 1

I have a 199 GMC Sierra 1500 5.3L
What side of engine is bank one? Actually are not sure, old age?

Doug wrote:

Bank one is the side of the engine where cylinder No. 1 is located.
In this case it would be the drivers side.
--
Steve W.

Do you know if cyl #1 is always the cyl closest to the radiator/front of the car? I've always thought that would make sense but never had it confirmed and don't have a Chevy v-8 around to go look at.
Ashton Crusher wrote:

On a front engine vehicle with a longitudinal mounted engine it should be. You have to watch out for which side though. (There are a couple exceptions to this in the high dollar imports)
On transverse, mid and rear engines all bets are off. Most consider bank one on a transverse engines to be the forward facing bank regardless of #1's location.
--
Steve W.

Thanks Steve, wanted to make sure, it has been a lot of years and the old brain ain't what it use to be!!!

I asked advance auto which side is #1 they said it was passenger, it did not seem right to me, that is why I posted. This is why I never buy any parts from Advance, unless they are the only one who has the part and I need it right away!!!
Thanks again, Steve !!