Batteries for 83 Surburban

Page 2 of 2
Warren;
Being in Honduras you are right about the temperatures and not having to worry about cold starting. However the high compression ratios of the
diesels necessitate a high torque starter. And it requires the additional amps so they put the dual battery system in.
When you chose your batteries, and have them out. I would suggest a thorough cleaning of all connections. I noticed on my '83 6.2l Scottsdale K-20 that about every 8 months in would take longer and more cranking to start. I would clean the connections and viola. Quick starting. I know I'm having electrical issues when my glow plug indicator takes longer than 11 seconds to go out. There's another issue. The glow plug system. Then the fuel system. Good thing they don't have computers eh? If you have not discovered them... http://www.thedieselpage.com
medium combo, extra cheese please.
I'll be right down.
Jeff