battery question and recommendations on battery needed

I am moving to a colder state and wondering if I should get more cold cranking in the new battery I have to buy?
What brand of battery do you all recommend buying?

Brand isn't all that important, how ever you may want buy a brand that you could get warranty on where ever your going. I always buy the highest cranking amps if the vehicle is one I expect to keep.
Brian

Get the highest cold crank that will fit into my blazer. It has 525 cc in it now. thanks for the reply

I like AC Delco batteries. They come with a 6 year warranty, and my father regularly runs them about 10 years....
~KJ/TLGM

I installed 2 825CCA batteries in my Suburban. It is not a Diesel!
| I am moving to a colder state and wondering if I should get more cold | cranking in the new battery I have to buy? | | What brand of battery do you all recommend buying?

The rule of thumb it to get one that is twice the cid of the engine i.e. a 350 Chevy should have at least 700cca... I generally go with the biggest I can afford. My suburban has a 1000cca excide, the diesel van has 2- 1100cca's and the excursion has 2-650cca (still the originals). So go to a store that has an easy exchange policy, good warranty and has a good price. I use to get mine from K-mart but they are disappearing so I go to wal-mart, they carry batteries made by Johnson Control. They aren't top of the line but are a good price and do honor their warranties and wal marts are like air, they are everywhere.
good luck, mark
Get the biggest that will fit in the existing tray. (ie group #) Stay away from the short warrenties. Get the 60 month or what ever the top tier is.
Check to make sure the battery is charged fully. Most new batteries are not fully charged. Also check the date code, make sure its not more than a few months old.
Cheers