bed mats

Any good/bad experiences with bed mats.? Appreciate brand name... TIA

I have one in my Silverado now and had one in my last two Silverados. Things won't slip or slide on them like they do on the bare bed or the hard plastic bed liners. I can usually tie things down so they don't scratch my sides or fenders but those kind of scratches are inevitable. I looked and can't find a name on mine, just a number. The salesman threw it in when I bought the truck so the dealership got it and put it in.
Karl '06 Silverado Z71

Silverado wrote:

I just threw a sheet of 3/4" CDX plywood in mine. I don't know whether it is cheaper or more expensive than a mat. I used it because I had it handy. And, if I need to, I can screw something down on it. Mine is under a cap, so the experience might be different for someone who doesn't have a cap.
There is one major advantage to plywood over a mat though. I often use it as a slide to bring things on the far end to me. That's not so easy with a mat. Of course, without a cap that's not a problem.