Bench Bleeding Master Cylinder

What is the difference between bench bleeding a master cylinder on a bench verses on the vehicle? The only difference I see seems to be that on the vehicle you need 2 people and may have some brake lines in the way. I don't
have a bench or vice available.

The difference is that as mounted on the vehicle, the bore of the master cylinder may be tilted up such that it is impossible to get all of the air out. There may still be a bit of air trapped at the highest point in the master cylinder bore.